Monday 6 October 2014

Sorry, I'm A Little Whiny Today

I feel like I have too many little things (medium sized things?) that I have to do and the fact that I'm not doing them, or not taking the time to do them is bugging me right now.

I have, for example, a book and a DVD that Jason recommended I read and watch respectively.  I haven't.  It's been months.  They're "learning" type books and so I don't find them relaxing and I want to read/watch them but it's kind of hard to motivate myself to do so.  But then they sit there and bother me because they constantly remind me I haven't done them.

I guess I am feeling whiny/grumpy today because it's also annoying to me that I have groceries to buy.  And laundry to do.  And cleaning/tidying that should probably be done.  I just want to be lazy.  But to be lazy and still have everything clean and tidy and shopped for and read.

Sigh.

I also think that no matter what I say right now I'm going to feel like I can't win so I should just stop venting and move on.  It's a minor annoyance that just happens to be rubbing me the wrong way right now I guess.

P.S.  As whiny as I am, I'm also going to get off my butt and do at least some of these things.  Boo/Yay.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fellow Canadian in England handing you a little cheese to go with your whine ...

Anne (now going off to tidy the bathroom)

Army of the Frenetic said...

I successfully washed 2 loads of laundry, cleaned a big tub of dishes, and polished off a couple more episodes of the Strain.

And now?

Chocolate chip cookies await!!

Victoria said...

But Anne, that's not the kind of cheese I liiiiiiike! *must be read in very whiny voice* ;)

Way to show me up AotF! Although, I did just eat a cookie myself, so ...

Army of the Frenetic said...


Nay.

Thy sweet and gooey chocolate cookies have betrayed me. Stuffed my face and stomach with too many, I have.

Oooh....

Victoria said...

oh no :(

Elliott said...

I hear you. New boss, Manitoba sales tax audit, month end, internal audit on SAP system...the list never ends. All I really want to do is go home and help around the house and get the winterize house list done this month. Sigh.

Victoria said...

Gah!