Friday, 14 November 2014

Scent

I am not a fan of scented things.

Products, I should say.... or people, really.

Like, I can't handle it if a woman is wearing perfume.  Not a fan of a guy with a lot of cologne either, although it's somewhat easier to handle than perfume.

But scented household products?  Not my thing.

Like, my laundry detergent?  Has to be unscented. Why would I want my laundry to smell like something?  I'm washing it.

Scents just smell overwhelming to me.  And annoying.

I bought some Swiffer refills the other day, opened up the box and WHIFF.  I hadn't noticed I'd accidentally picked up a box of something or other orange scented Swiffer things.  WHY?  I JUST WANT MY FLOOR TO BE CLEAN!  CLEAN DOESN'T HAVE A SMELL!

Now, that's not to say I like everything to be unscented.

I discovered this when my brother told me about an unscented shampoo and conditioner he loves.  He got me a mini bottle of each and... it's weird.

I can't get over my shampoo not having a nice, mild, fruity scent to it.  (I don't like the brand name stinky ones, but go for more natural ones, or AG or other "salon" type ones.)  I don't mind a bit of a smell to my hair products because I expect it.  And they're not overwhelming to me, probably because I choose the scent.  (I did have a counsellor once who was extremely scent sensitive and some shampoos she just couldn't be around the person for the session.)

So yeah... I don't like household products with scent.  It weirds me out and my nose doesn't like it.  It annoys me.  Because now I just smell chemical smells... I just want my laundry and my bathroom to be clean.  Not "seabreeze" scentedly clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.