Wednesday, 14 January 2015

A Sick Kind Of Ouch

I didn't accidentally break Jason's leg but it was close.

He came over for a bit on Saturday to escape his fighting roommates, and as he was taking off his shoes I went into my kitchen, stepping around the dishwasher door I'd left open and down.

I'd kept it open when I went to pick him up to remind me to start the dishwasher when I went out next and when we got back to my place I stepped around it and thought "I should really lift that up because he might not see it and trip over it" but the rest of my brain over-ruled that thought and said "nah, he'll see it, it's hard to miss."

Except if you're looking at a text that just came in on your phone and so therefore not looking down at all and not expecting a dishwasher door to be right there at shin level and you guys?  I felt so bad.

He smacked right into it full speed and collapsed on the kitchen floor.  I could tell it was that kind of pain that makes you feel sick to your stomach and I was kicking myself for not having closed the damn door.

He wasn't mad at me, said he should have been looking, and I appreciate that, but I feel like I knew better and should have just put the door up.

I gave him ice and put some arnica on for him but he had a nice little goose egg. 

I kind of don't want to think about how much that must have hurt.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason Langlois said...

OW!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:09:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Um, yeah... (I'm cringing again just thinking about it!)

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:38:00 pm  
Anonymous Elliott said...

Haven't done that, but I've walked into a trailer hitch on the back of a large pickup. I suspect it was about the same pain. I know I hit it hard enough to cut my shin.

I feel his pain.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:55:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oh geez... I just shuddered again

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 6:07:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.