Thursday, 19 February 2015

Splish Splash

Still nothing much of any interest to say but my hot water bottle broke last night...

I know they don't last forever and I probably use water that's too hot, thereby hastening their demise, but still.  I have a hot water bottle cover, but once it starts to chill a little, I take the cover off and just use the bottle.  In bed, I generally have it on my feet until I'm ready to sleep and then it gets kicked out onto the floor.

Last night, I was warming my tootsies, but the hot water bottle was merely a lukewarm bottle, so I moved it up to give it a hug for a while.

And that's when my feet found wet.

MOMENT OF PANIC!

And then my brain processed... the hot water bottle must have leaked.

And sure enough, a tiny hole on the edge.

Aww nuts.  Because now I had to get up and deal with the wet sheets.

Except I kind of didn't because I wanted to go to sleep!  Instead, I laid a towel underneath the wet portion and rolled all the blankets off to the other side and kept reading my book.

When it came time to sleep I pulled the covers back over and told myself my body heat would help... evaporate the water or something scientific and then this morning I pulled the covers off again to make sure it was dry.

So I don't have a hot water bottle right this instance, but seeing as Spring seems to have come early, I might manage ok without one for a while.

And in other news, I guess you just throw out a hot water bottle?  Not sure where to recycle rubber?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Langlois said...

That's an interesting question... where do you recycle a hot water bottle. Google tells me where to take a hot water tank or a bottle, but is silent on the hot water bottle conundrum.

And anything you say is of interest, just a side note.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 9:45:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

I'm sure there's a depot somewhere which would take rubber but... that and gum... where? Wheeeere?

Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:08:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.