Thursday 19 February 2015

Splish Splash

Still nothing much of any interest to say but my hot water bottle broke last night...

I know they don't last forever and I probably use water that's too hot, thereby hastening their demise, but still.  I have a hot water bottle cover, but once it starts to chill a little, I take the cover off and just use the bottle.  In bed, I generally have it on my feet until I'm ready to sleep and then it gets kicked out onto the floor.

Last night, I was warming my tootsies, but the hot water bottle was merely a lukewarm bottle, so I moved it up to give it a hug for a while.

And that's when my feet found wet.

MOMENT OF PANIC!

And then my brain processed... the hot water bottle must have leaked.

And sure enough, a tiny hole on the edge.

Aww nuts.  Because now I had to get up and deal with the wet sheets.

Except I kind of didn't because I wanted to go to sleep!  Instead, I laid a towel underneath the wet portion and rolled all the blankets off to the other side and kept reading my book.

When it came time to sleep I pulled the covers back over and told myself my body heat would help... evaporate the water or something scientific and then this morning I pulled the covers off again to make sure it was dry.

So I don't have a hot water bottle right this instance, but seeing as Spring seems to have come early, I might manage ok without one for a while.

And in other news, I guess you just throw out a hot water bottle?  Not sure where to recycle rubber?

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

That's an interesting question... where do you recycle a hot water bottle. Google tells me where to take a hot water tank or a bottle, but is silent on the hot water bottle conundrum.

And anything you say is of interest, just a side note.

Victoria said...

I'm sure there's a depot somewhere which would take rubber but... that and gum... where? Wheeeere?