Monday 16 February 2015

Yay, Finally!

I finally had a good "my parents at Burning Man" dream!

It was... Saturday night (or whenever dreams happen.. morning?  I don't know...) when I had it, as far as I can remember.

We were out for a wander one night (as one does) and we decided to go be in the crowd at an electronic music show.  It's not a type or style of music any of us enjoy but the idea was sort of that we'd just be a part of it to see what it was all about.  (You know, things make sense in dreams right?)

Dad had brought a camp chair and was sitting comfortably in it in the middle of the dance pit area and I kept thinking what a brilliant idea it was to have brought a chair but my Mom said I could sit on her lap so I was comfy too.  (No, my mother could not sustain my body weight, but hey, dream rules are different!)

Then the sound system got messed up because of the dust (this is like an actual show I was at last Burn where the electrical kept going out... because dude, we're in the middle of a dust filled desert for Pete's sake!) and eventually they just called it quits which was fine with us because we didn't really want to listen anymore anyway.  Mom and Dad decided they'd head back to the tents for bed and I went out with my friends to go find other fun things to do and it was all very happy and relaxed and easy and good.

Yay!  Here's to more non-nightmare Burning Man dreams!

No comments: