Monday 16 March 2015

A Weekend Update

Well geez.  I guess I totally forgot that it was March and that March "comes in like a lion and out like a lamb" because I turned off my radiators.  It was too toasty on my couch, in my cozies, under my blankie and I figured I could do without the radiator heat.

And then I woke up Sunday morning to a freezing living room and rain and brrrr.... radiator back on.  Whoops.

I also survived a Friday the 13th that I didn't even notice, a Pi day (and Einstein's birthday) and "Steak and a ...ahem" day, and the Brides of March.  A wild weekend for some I suppose.

I laid low, myself.  Got to watch Wild.  (I'd really enjoyed the book and wanted to see how the movie was and it was good too, but felt short, and the book was much more enjoyable...as often happens with adaptations)

I met a bearded Viking down at the beach (I'm obsessed with the show Vikings so everyone with long hair/a beard is a "viking" right now) and perhaps missed an opportunity to have a conversation but am trying not to beat myself up over it.

I had a lot of really weird work related dreams this weekend.  Like the one where I got shot a little (just grazed my arm) because I was holding the targets for shooting practice.  (Because that's a thing???)  Or the one where someone was wearing a bikini top and no one (except me) had issues about it (um... dress code?) and I feel like it was a good weekend. 

Jason and I went for a hike/shoot on Saturday and he was really sore Sunday morning and I wasn't at all... I've been doing a lot more walking the last week or so with trying to shoot "street" so I guess my body was more used to it.  Made me a little proud, actually, to be fitter than someone.  (I hope that's not a bad thought!)

I still feel like my stress level is a bit high and that little things set me off feeling upset or feeling really overly anxious but I'm doing my mindfulness meditation and trying to eat well and reminding myself it won't always feel like this.

But, yes.  Super sunny and then super rainy.  Never really warm, but without the sun, it's not at all near warm.  Spring. 

2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

I need to watch Wild (or read the book) to see what all the fuss is about :)

Victoria said...

I really enjoyed the book. It's about a hike! ;)