Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Oh

I don't really like being the butt of a joke...or being teased even.  I don't know, it just always sort of makes me feel sad and like it's a little bit mean.  I understand that it's usually not meant to be mean and is generally harmless but still... it's not my favourite thing.

Which is why I'm feeling a little "ouch" from yesterday morning.

C-Dawg was talking to our head honcho about the trainee (who doesn't start for a while, mind you) and mentioned that he was cute and head honcho chuckled and asked if I was "already planning the wedding."

Which I found amusing when C-Dawg told me but now is just kind of hurting a little.

It's probably hurting because it makes me feel like everyone thinks I'm desperate to be married when that was probably not the intention at all.  It was probably just a comment on me being (I think?) the only single woman there and...yeah.

But still.  Licking that wound a bit today.  (Even though it's probably just all in my head.)

And happy green day if that's your thing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous kandijay said...

I get that. I blush easily, so total strangers like to tease me about it. I hate that. I don't like it when people I know do that. As a child I was painfully shy, so the fact that I am among people everyday without having a panic attack is a huge accomplishment. Don't pick on me for something I have no control over.

And I blush easily because of my Scotch/Irish heritage. So Happy St. Patty's day!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:01:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Ugh, it's even worse when they then point out that you're blushing! I hear you

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:34:00 pm  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Even as a joke, that seems like a really inappropriate and sexist comment, especially for a "head honcho" type to make. (Why wouldn't the new guy be the one "already planning the wedding?!". Just as valid, yet apparently it's still more acceptable to be a bachelor than a "spinster". Ugh.)
Sorry for the rant, I was hoping society was becoming more progressive than my parents' generation. :/

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:04:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Sigh...yeah.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:40:00 pm  
Anonymous kandijay said...

Word, Yvonne.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 6:26:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.