Monday 13 April 2015

Da Brain

Early yesterday morning, I was asleep (bliss) when I heard knocking.

My brain, asleep, but clearly "awoken" by the noise, immediately interpreted this as the porters (?) from the cruise ship at my cruise ship room door knocking to remind me I was now late for the breakfast sitting I'd booked.

I was so enjoying my sleep that I decided I didn't need breakfast and kept sleeping but the part of me that had been half awakened sort of lay there figuring out how and why I was on a cruise on this giant bed in this giant room and that's when I realized I had no idea where the knocking came from but I was actually just at home on my own bed in my own room.

And if someone had been knocking at my door (I figure not), I wasn't going to be answering them at this hour anyway.

Should probably have put the do not disturb sign on my brain's imagined cabin door but I guess I really wanted to go to the breakfast.  Too bad I slept through it. 

Although that was a pretty delicious sleep!

2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

I've done that before - heard knocking (or a loud crash) and woken with a start - and of course there had been nothing of the sort... and then you are wide awake.

Victoria said...

Silly brains.