Wednesday 15 April 2015

Things I Have A Hard Time Believing About Myself

(And just want to write them down because maybe that will shake me up somehow to see them written out like that.)

That I am attractive.

That I am anything more than "ok" at photography.

That I am good at art.

That I am worthy of .... things.

That I will get an amazing, wonderful relationship.

That I'm not annoying people.

That I'm not fat and flabby.  (Especially now that my BMI says I am on the low end of overweight)

That I am special in any way.

That I am interesting.

That I am a good writer.

That people don't just say nice things to/about me because it's "what we're supposed to do."

Hmm, I really thought this post would go on forever, but I seem to have run out of things I don't believe about myself.  Not that this list isn't more than long enough.


Shrug.

Inspired by a weird conversation with Jason.

6 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I can confirm, either directly from what you've said and shared with us in the blog, or inferred from the stories you've told us, that everything on that list is true.

And I don't just have to say that because it's expected!


Jonathan Beckett said...

You are one of the best blog writers I have ever discovered.

Chris said...

I agree with Jason and Jonathan!

Anne Roy said...

Happiness is difficult to find within, impossible to find elsewhere.

You need to know that you are all right & that the essence of life is change which means that none of us are done yet.

Anne, Cdn in England giving you a hug

Elliott said...

I have to believe from what I've read and from the pictures you've posted that all of those statements are very much true. Every.single.one.

Don't get hung up on BMI...mine says the same (except I'm solidly in the overweight range). But I can still play hockey with kids less than half my age and not embarass myself doing it, so I chose not to believe that measure.

Believe all those things. I know you're a great writer and your pictures are stunning. I have to conclude based on your stories that all the rest are true too.

Victoria said...

I feel like kicking the dirt and mumbling at you all and then sticking my fingers in my ears and going lalalalalalalala but I'll stand up like a big girl and say Thank you.

You all are very nice.