Thursday 23 April 2015

Why?

Jay was in town this last weekend and I didn't see him.

He messaged near to his arrival date and suggested a couple of meetup times and I had plans already made, but I also didn't want to meet up.

I didn't feel like seeing him and I didn't feel like seeing him would make me feel happy or good.

I'm not sure if I "should" have just said this to him, or if having that rough of a week just sort of solidified the fact that I didn't have the strength or energy to deal with seeing him, knowing I don't think I feel that positively towards him anymore, or certainly not right now.

It wasn't even really on my radar, and I do hope he got to see friends and had a nice stay in town.

I just, guess I feel like I've moved on and our last few contacts haven't made me feel good, so, I suppose I just didn't have a good answer to why I would go say hello.

Shrug?

6 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Don't think you should have said anything to him. People move on, it happens, and you don't owe him some kind of explanation for why.

Kind of glad you've grown out of him.

Jonathan Beckett said...

You don't have to validate yourself, you know :)

Victoria said...

Thanks Jason. Me too.

Oh man, Jonathan, I hope I figure that one out soon...

Yvonne said...

High fives girl!
Life is too short to spend time with people who don't make us feel good.

Elliott said...

Good for you! You took your feelings into consideration before his...that is huge progress. You don't have to be mean or rude, but if it's not going to make you happy, that you don't have to do it.

Victoria said...

Thanks Y... that's true.

Thanks Elliott, just felt weird somehow.