Friday 22 May 2015

I....

I don't really remember a time where I've done this before, but I'm supposing I have... I am near the end of a (rather large) book that I don't really understand what all is happening.

It's the second in a series that Jason recommended (and loaned) to me and I didn't love the first one but he really wanted me to give the second a try so I did and I've kept reading it even though I... don't really know what's going on.

It's a Fantasy novel so there's all that otherworldly aspect to it but there are all these characters and they're not quite the same characters as in the first novel and there are SO MANY of them with names and they're all doing different things in different places and I don't even know if they're on the same side or who the bad guys are or who I'm supposed to like?

Anyway... hoping to be done it soonish.  At which point, I'm pretty sure Jason's going to heartily recommend I read the third one because he says that's when it all clicks into place.

Sigh.

One can hope, yes?

3 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Song of Ice & Fire?
Or Wheel of Time?
Or Dragonbone Chair?
Or any number of other modern fantasy novels that are pretty awesome, but man, you need to consult a wiki and maintain a chart just to keep track of everything?

You know, it's okay to stop reading a series if you're not enjoying it... ;)

Anne Roy said...

I have lots of books ... left 4,000 in Canada when I moved to England in '97 ... if you tell us books that you have liked (read without a struggle) I am sure we can suggest all manner of great things ...

Cdn Anne who has a wall of double stacked books

Victoria said...

I know Jason... but (the other) Jason really wants me to enjoy it!

I LOVE BOOKS ANNE! LURVE THEM! Fantasy are probably up there in my faves along with Sci Fi. I can go for a good soppy cheesy romance at times too, as a light beach read, but I haven't done one of those in ages ;)