Tuesday 19 May 2015

Really?

Happy mid-May long weekend how on earth did it get to be mid May?

I saw Mad Max this weekend, which was fun, and very "spirit of Burning Man" kind of awesome (part of why I wanted to see it) but it was also the first time I've seen a movie in 3D.

And... I don't really get the point.  I don't see how it adds anything to the movie other than me going, oh, they filmed it so that that thing looks three dimensional.  Which, more than anything, pulls me out of the story.  Like, hey, that object is visually flying right towards me, oh, right, because they think I'll think it's real or something?

I didn't actually want to watch the movie in 3D, but it's all there was at the theatre I was going to, and I kind of wish it hadn't been.

I'm really not sure of the appeal or the point of making a movie 3D and found it distracting and unnecessary.

And far too in your face.

HERE!  LOOK!  IT LOOKS 3D!  SEE?  COOL, RIGHT?

No, not really.  I kind of just wanted to get into the story, sorry.

I don't know, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I feel like the 3D filming that I saw took away from my getting into and really enjoying the movie.  And that's kind of a bummer.

5 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Pretty sure the point of 3D is the upcharge on the ticket.

Anonymous said...

-My cousin got into bikes; Harleys; he's a bit brain -dead in that he'll laugh outrageously at some things most people wouldn't notice to be even remotely funny; his youth was raised with long hair and goatee and an inescapable mess of the smell between beer and b.o....in the morning, while scratching himself. He got my number by accident and I had to get rid of it through letting the contract run dry and then plugging up the voicemail box. -The funny thing though women would go for the dude like crazy: he even told me of one incident wherein he picked one up in the bar, in about five minutes of talking, drove with the bike and her on the back to a local park; hid himself somewhere out of sight with her, as she wanted to do it on the bike...good looking too (:he pointed her out on day -Strangely he didn't lie much about this; just other things.) -The world is turning Mad Max, I would say. Notably he was younger than myself and we hadn't seen each other for years (TG for that!) and so between listening to him moan about his illegitimate kids and the biker girl whom still chases him around -one time breaking into to his rental and phoning him to tell him she was drinking the entire '24' of cans, unless he came home before she got done (he told me _she_ was crazy...!)- he's never really thought of life other than being one big joke and the horrid things he had to do as a one of the crew or gang.
-This is all true: Mad Max world, here we come: the barbarians are back!

Victoria said...

That would make sense Jason, cuz.... yeah...

Well, that's quite a story Anon :)

Dominic said...

The thing about 3D is, it's much harder to record it on your smartphone. So the industry is desperate for it to catch on - higher price, reduces piracy, and encourages you to buy a new 3D TV and the 3D versions of the movies.

I have yet to meet a single person who actually finds it a worthwhile feature.

Victoria said...

Fair enough, I hadn't thought about the piracy issue but seriously... no like! ;)