Friday 26 June 2015

Lumpy

The mosquitoes are bad right now.

And I say that because I'm surprised.  I see mosquitoes as a wet weather thing.... a Fall thing, not a hot, dry, sunny late Spring, early Summer thing.  It's weird.

But I'm seeing them everywhere.  And they love me.

I must smell delicious and the problem with that is I'm very reactive to them.

As in, super bad itch and swelling and days of it.

It got so bad this week that I had to go to medical at work and ask if they had something stronger for the itch (two on my hand and arm that were huge and swollen and itchy) because the cream wasn't working.  They gave me benadryl.

Which I forgot about until I was practically falling asleep at lunch and couldn't figure out why and then my brain (in slow motion) went ... oh... right... I took benadryl.  Guess it wasn't non drowsy.

But, yeah.  I've been chomped alive this week.

It's not so good.

3 comments:

Anne Roy said...

I am sorry you are being so plagued. Back in my Canada days I was fortunate ... one, mebbe two mosquito bites every year. They are after blood so I guess since my blood pressure is so low they flit by me thinking there is no blood there ...

Here is some calamine lotion. I hope the annoyance soon subsides.

Cdn Anne in England where it is raining ...

Anonymous said...

-'Muh-Ski-Toes...!' The fanciful name for the most annoying flying insect known to man and woman and child, except for 'no see-ems' and the bugs -one summer job in the prairies- whereby the little fly would be found swirling around in front of your face trying to get at -whatever- remaining mucus you had in the corner of your eyes. CONSTANT annoyance to say the least. -I wish I had a small -tiny- z'zap buster' that would fry their little arses (all of them) and hope they'd be like crows : As once they see a dead one of their flock in the neighbourhood they all get outta town pretty fast from all their squawking. -Sorry to hear about your swelling though...I guess your not having a swell time with it. -Ha, ha, ha. -Oops, not funny.
(Do not scratch; they smell for itchy skin...the little rascals.)

"Bzzzzz"- "bzzzzzzz." [In the room when the lights are out and you can hear the little bug-head squinting in the dark trying to see all that peachy sweet skin it smells...."Bzzzzzz" -"bzzzzzz."] -Ok, I'll shut up.
-Er, take care....

Victoria said...

Thanks Anne. We're having a rain-free weather right now, which is going to mean not good things water wise, so enjoy your rain!

I've been told about no-see-ems... do not sound fun! I can't not scratch, so itchy! ;)