Thursday 18 June 2015

Random Story Number A Thousand

Last year, I let myself splurge and bought two necklaces for Burning Man.

I thought they'd be super cool as they were made with special electrical wiring and the "gems" at the front glowed.  Or, I suppose, were lit, is more accurate.

I didn't get much wear out of them last year as the wires were tricky and kept crossing and shorting out and were difficult to store and the battery pack was heavy and, well, things that have issues on playa?  Just not worth it.

I made a plan to get some beads and cover the wires to make the necklace a little easier to wear and last weekend I finally made my way to the bead store.

I got (what turned out to be more than) enough beads and came home to start the project and couldn't find the necklaces.

Not where they'd been for nearly ten months... I must have "tidied" them up.

But.... not in my Burning Man bins, or drawer of things I wore last year.  Or in my cupboard where I keep my sewing stuff.  Had I thrown them out?

I was pretty sure I hadn't, partly because they were expensive and partly because I'd known I'd had this plan, but.... then were were they?

Turns out I'd tidied them away into a bag that had another project in it and then put that bag tidily away in a spot I had totally forgotten about that also wasn't particularly in view.

But, I found the necklaces and added the beads, reattached the battery pack things (and discovered they only worked one way, duh, go figure, thanks brain) and hope to have pretty glowing necklaces to wear this year.

See?  Utterly useless story really, but at least I'm slightly more interesting than watching paint dry?

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Actually, I really enjoyed reading that. Perhaps because I have the same problem trying to track down things I know I put here, but are no longer here, and where the heck are they?

Victoria said...

I don't know where they are!!!! I'm pretty sure you put them right there!