Wednesday 16 September 2015

Oh... Right

I had a steak set aside for Monday night's dinner, the idea being that I'd need a good, solid boost of protein and iron and it would get me through my first full week back.  Rawr!

When I pulled the steak out to get it ready to cook, I noticed it looked a little sketchy.  And so I checked the "best by" date and that's when I realized that it wasn't best before the 15th, it was the year that was 2015 and the steak itself was a good few days overdue.

So good thing I figured that out beforehand, eh? 

Way to be tricksy 2015, sneaking up on me like that, pretending you were the middle of the month!

2 comments:

Anne Roy said...

vegetables have protein ... no need to eat some gormless cow ...

http://www.cookingforvegans.co.uk/veganrecipes/

10 minute meals!

Anne, Cdn in England

Victoria said...

Thanks Anne! :)