Thursday 15 October 2015

And Then What?

I think I forgot to talk about the drive home from Nevada, which was good, just like the rest of the trip.

Sarah loves to drive (her words, not mine) and so we just kept pushing.  Got off playa easily Monday morning after a slightly frustrating packing up of gear (as Connor sleeps in the truck that takes the majority of our stuff, it couldn't be loaded until he was out of it) and headed out, me still wearing Max's shirt, he'd given me to keep warm before he left Saturday.

We ended up making what's typically been a two day drive a one day drive, and got into Port Angeles around eleven Monday night.

I think we were all exhausted, but also happy to know we'd be home the next day.

Next day, however, was labour day, and none of us had thought to reserve the ferry so we, once again, got up extra early (Sarah woke us, she was up at the crack of dawn) and waited in line.

Made the first ferry (yay!) and I was amazed to be home Tuesday mid day rather than that evening, or even the next day. 

When I turned my phone on as we were leaving playa, Max had texted me, and that made me smile.  He checked our routes for us on google maps and suggested which ways might be faster, and so we ended up taking a different (for Connor and I) route and seeing some really pretty scenery I'd not seen before.

And Max, being the most delightful person, sent me a link of the gluten free places I could eat at the towns we were stopping at.

And then he told me he'd looked over his work schedule and thought he might be able to travel up to see me in November.

Did you know you can blush when you're happy?  And when you feel flattered by how loving someone is being towards you?  Well you can. I found out!

I told Connor that Max was hoping to come up in November and he looked shocked.  Turns out Max had thought we were just hooking up, some playa, Burning Man fling for fun and I explained to him that it wasn't that at all. 

So the drive home was good, and safe and yes, Sarah likes to drive, so drive we did!  And we only had to pull a U-turn once when Sarah and I were singing along to The Wall so loudly that we didn't hear the GPS tell us to turn left.  Whoops!

4 comments:

Elliott said...

Sounds like a good ending to a great week. Max sounds like a keeper.

Victoria said...

That he is :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

I love reading your travel posts. You have such a good memory for the little things that make the story so much better.

Victoria said...

Aw, thanks! :)