Thursday 19 November 2015

Whew

I'm writing this quite happily (technically last night as I'm setting it to post in the morning) after yet another filling at the dentist.

I'm happy because, first of all I like this dentist so much better than my old one and I didn't dislike my old one but man oh man.  This guy, the needle didn't make me cry or even particularly hurt, and then he keeps checking in on how I'm doing during all the procedure.  And he really notices things like maybe pulling on the side of my cheek and says, hey, sorry about the pulling on the side of your cheek, are you ok there?  It's awesome.  So I feel like he actually cares and is aware that it can be uncomfortable and on top of that is trying to make it less so.

And I'm happy because this particular freezing didn't affect my tongue so I still feel normal!  And can eat!  And drink!  And everything!

And it didn't hurt!  So yay! 

Turns out this filling took longer than he'd hoped (he wasn't sure if it was a cavity or a "stain"? from the metal filling) so he didn't do the two he's planned on so I have yet another filling appointment next week.

Which makes it one a week all of this month.  Which is not too terribly cool, but hey, I'm really really glad it's not worse.

He's not too sure what's happening, ie if it's my bite or poor flossing (he doesn't think so, says my oral hygiene is good) or old (or possibly not so awesomely done) fillings that have lost their seal and allowed bacteria to come in underneath them.  Sigh.  Here I was thinking fillings were... permanent.  But no... they're not.

So kids?  Brush and floss and do it more than you think you need to.  After every meal would be best.  And if you're like C-Dawg who has never had a cavity, count yourself very very lucky and brush and floss anyway. 

Seriously.

But, yeah.  This filling?  Not so bad man.  HURRAY!!!!

2 comments:

Elliott said...

I'm glad the new dentist is working out so well. It so frustrating having to have fillings replaced. I've a couple done. Not cool.

Victoria said...

I know, it feels like cheating or something. Like you've already gone through all this it's not fair it's happening again :(