Wednesday 18 November 2015

Dude

I was just here typing a message out to my brother when I realized how weird typing is.

Like.... my fingers are doing something without me having to think about it and they're making words.  It's... not entirely conscious, like I'm not thinking about where my fingers should go they just know.

I took typing in high school, my Mom "made" me (is how I remember it... could have been she just strongly suggested it) and it was not the most fun course ever but man if I'm not glad I did it.  I'm a pretty fast typer.  But still... it's weird.

Look... my fingers made these words!  Kind of all by themselves!  Although the more I think about it the harder it ends up being to do it properly because they get all weird like I'm watching them.

One of my favourite things to do to freak people out is to keep typing as I turn to listen to them and have a conversation with them and they're like HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT?

Magic, my friends....magic.

*wiggles fingers*

4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

That is such a skill. I can almost touch type (the result of a summer writing a few thousand pages of documentation in Word 1.0), but it's not the proper method and boy, do you get some junk when my fingers end up in the wrong place.

But it is freaky!

Victoria said...

SO FREAKY!

(my fingers made these words!)

Elliott said...

Your post made me laugh. Looking back (way, way back), typing was probably the best high school course I took. I remember taking it with a typewriter (with a return carriage and all) and completely blank keys. So weird to think that tying is such a ingrained activity now. I can type while carrying on a conversation as well. And for some reason people get all impressed when a guy can do that.

I'm always impressed when people can type quickly using a two finger approach. These people certainly didn't take grade 9 typing, but have learned how to be efficient in their own ways on a computer. Impressive.

Victoria said...

OOooooh, blank keys, what a hideous way to make you learn! ;)