Thursday 18 February 2016

Bzzzzzzrrrrrt

My alarm clock is set to radio rather than buzz.  I find it a lot less jarring to wake up to singing or talking than to a random scary noise.

But I've noticed something lately and, of course, I'm putting you all to the solving of this situation!

Around the same time each morning, on the x'th time I've hit snooze, the radio comes up off station.

Like, bzzzzzzrrrrrrrrttttttt crackling.

My best guess is that that's when someone upstairs from me gets up and walks somewhere that upsets my radio's.... feed (I can't think of the word.. reception, that's it!) reception.

But, of course, it could be some other much more interesting explanation, right?  Or scientific?

3 comments:

Elliott said...

Maybe the alarm clock is designed to be annoying after x'th time of hitting your snooze button? Like a punishment for not getting out of bed on time?

Jason Langlois said...

Is your bedroom passing through a tunnel or something? That could cause interference.

Victoria said...

Could be Elliott.... except it didn't for years. But maybe I was getting up better before?

Crap, Jason, that's totally what it is, I had forgotten about the morning tunnel drive! Thanks! (also... heh)