Wednesday 17 February 2016

Stretchy Stretch

One of the (frustrating) things about being in a low place for me is feeling pretty sure that there are physical things I could be doing to feel a little better, but not feeling like I can gather the energy to do them.

I've maintained a twenty or so minute walk (or walk on the spot at least) a day and a time outside for a few months now, and the fresh air especially seems to lighten my mood, even if sometimes I'm throwing on a jacket over my pjs because I just can't be bothered to change into "outside" clothes. 

But the other day I felt the motivation to get some yoga going and pulled out the free app I have on my phone.  It was fine.  It always reminds me how yoga is not easy, despite what the media seems to say about it...

I wanted to make a note of how I felt though, so that maybe I can look back in a while and see progress, since I don't always see the mental or emotional progress I make.

So.... I made it through the yoga app program.  And I felt pretty stiff and weak!  And when I was done, my shoulder tried to seize up but I managed to walk that off (thought for a moment there that I might have done myself in.)  Day two of it felt similar... weak and a lot less flexible than I know I've been in the past. 

I'm not going to be hard on myself or beat myself up, rather I'm going to lounge around in how good I feel after finishing.  Because, yes, second day of running through the program I felt pretty mellow after.  Naturally sedated I suppose.  Which felt really very nice.  (Even if a little physically creaky.)

4 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Glad you're gonna not be hard on yourself... keep it up, and I'm sure the creaky will go away!

Victoria said...

So creaky!

Jason Langlois said...

Holy cow, comment spam! You've hit the big time now!

Victoria said...

Yeah, it happens... I just delete it, like a so (which makes it look like we're talking about nothing, yay!)