Friday 18 March 2016

Bah!

Now, I know this is more of an issue than a "problem" but I have an annoying thing happening that I can't seem to fix!

My toast isn't toasting.

This wouldn't be such a huge deal if there was much more I could get down in the morning, but gluten free toast with some kind of cheese like thing on it is usually what I can manage right now.

My gluten free bread lives in the freezer and then is taken out and turned into toast.

Lately, the crusts burn and the rest stays almost soggy.  It's nasty!  And if I try to manipulate it by re-toasting just a wee bit, I end up with charcoal.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS!  It hasn't always been like this so I don't know, do toasters get weird?  Because, yeah.  My toaster is both simultaneously over and under toasting the same piece of bread and I don't get it.

Srsly

5 comments:

Elliott said...

Toaster may be on the fritz.

You can also try defrosting a bit in the microwave with a piece of paper towel. That will get the bread softer while the paper towel soak up some of the moisture leaving the bread. Works with frozen waffles, so I'm guessing it will work with frozen bread too.

Jason Langlois said...

In my experience, all toasters, no matter how much you paid for them, toast as expected for no more than 4-6 months. After that point, they develop a personality unique to them ... so one might over toast one corner of the bread, another might barely toast at all even if cranked to max, and a third may decided that no, 2 pieces of toast is all you can have - every piece after that will merely be dried out.

And I have yet to figure out how to fix the problem, short of buying a new toaster and trying again.

Victoria said...

Might give that a try tomorrow morning Elliott as my other gluten free bread friend said she nukes hers pre toasting.

WHYYYYYYY Jason? WHY!!!!!!

Jason Langlois said...

How did the toast experiment turn out?

Victoria said...

Not much better :( I may have to buy a new one, but am worried that it will just do the same.