Saturday 9 April 2016

Addiction-esque

So sugar again.

I was pretty much completely off if it for a while there and that was great, if difficult.  And then I relaxed somewhat and had a cookie here or a chocolate bar there and while it never really got all that bad, it didn't feel all that good either.

I had my "post ticket sale" Cadbury's creme egg (un-necessary as my attempt to bribe the universe by not eating them didn't work this year... oh well.)  and it was just as gross as I thought it would be. 

But I had some more.

Not as many as in previous years, somewhere around ten total... ish?  But even though I didn't enjoy them, I'm now craving them.

And chocolate.

And more.

As in, I've had to resist going to the store to buy more.  Lots.

And I keep telling myself that ... whatever.  I'll just go have some today but that THAT will be the last day, and then I'll go back on my sugar limitation thing.  But even when I say that I know that just extends things by another day because then it'll be well, hey, today wasn't fun, I need a pick me up, I'll just go get some more chocolate/eggs today and then I'll start on the sugar thing tomorrow.  And so on....

So I'm going through that not so fun stage again where I just.  want. sugar.  ALL OF IT.  And I don't care.

And eating in general is kind of sucky right now (maybe turning out that dairy hates me too.....even though I don't test out as lactose intolerant) and my body has a taste again of how nice a little sweet treat would taste, or maybe it's my mind that has that.... hard to tell.

So I'm going through the CRAVING IT ALL stage again right now and not loving it.


2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I feel that pain.

Reading this was a good shove to get me to hopefully make changes in my own sugar intake, cause yeah, it's easy to just EAT ALL THE SUGARS.

Victoria said...

ALL OF DEM!

sigh