Tuesday 19 April 2016

Crickets...

Nothing I'm doing is interesting me right now.

Not my art, not anything I shoot, not writing, nothing.

I do it, and it just kind of sits there and I go.... meh.

I try not to get stuck on letting myself wallow in negativity about it (telling myself it's bad or whatever) but it still... I'm just not that interested.

Jason tells me that's just a slump, that all artists get it and that I should know this.

Meh.  It just feels blah, no matter what it is.

And yes, I'm "making art" (painting mostly) every day instead of shooting every day, and when I did the 365 projects there were times when the photos were just photos.... place holders, but I kept going anyway and I'm doing that here too.  But as with the photos, I wonder if that's all that productive.

I don't want to stop or take a break because I worry that I'd not start up again.

And maybe if I slowed down somewhat or spent a little less time zoning out (cutting myself slack, zoning out in a I need to shut my brain down and not think with some tv kind of thing) or whatever, I don't know.

But yeah.  Not creatively inspired, or particularly proud of what I'm doing right now.

Shrug.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

It sounds like you're depressed (or at least, a lack of interest in things that formerly brought you joy is a sign of depression). Maybe not sad, but definitely down.

Not sure how you break that cycle - I usually have to wait mine out and do the "fake it til you make it" thing to get through. Sometimes I pick up another hobby to add to my pile of things I do.

Hopefully the sunshine and warmer weather will help.

Victoria said...

Yeah, fair enough.