Monday, 18 April 2016

Woah, Dude

I never really know with my brain, you know?  But last night, there was an issue with my pillow.

I woke up (probably should say "woke up" because I wouldn't say I was awake awake, but I was somewhat awake and awake enough to remember it now) and my pillow was too hot.

Like, hot to the touch too hot so I reached around to turn off the heating.  Because it was a heated pillow, you see.  (According to my brain.)

So, still half asleep, I could feel with my hand (and my head presumably) that my pillow was too hot (I have no idea if it was actually warm.... could have been I suppose?  Did I have a fever?  I dunno!) so I tried to turn it off.  Reached through the pillowcase opening and unzipped the inner liner and felt around for the switch. 

I remember being slightly irritated that the switch wasn't there because that's where the switch was, I was pretty sure, but I was also too tired/sleepy to wake up any further to find the actual off switch so I decided to just leave it (I don't know, maybe there was part of my brain that said uh, yeah, you don't have a heated pillow you know) and zip things back up and roll over to the other pillow, which clearly wasn't a heated pillow.

So yeah.  My pillow got too hot.  Pretty sure it actually was warm?  I tried to turn it off.  Because heated.

Sigh.

My brain.  I tells ya.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Elliott said...

I wake up regularly to flip my pillow over so the cool side is up. Not a fan of warm feeling pillows, especially as it gets warmer outside.

While I don't remember ever trying to turn my pillow off, I completely understand your brain's dislike for warm pillows.

Monday, April 18, 2016 9:03:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

I've never noticed pillow heat before! (still not sure if I actually did?)

Monday, April 18, 2016 9:24:00 pm  
Blogger Jason Langlois said...

I'm another pillow flipper (and switcher - I have two pillow I often swap between during the night apparently, based on my using one when I go to bed and waking up with the other under my head), so I think there's definitely a pillow heat thing going on.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:19:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Go figure! :)

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 11:34:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.