Wednesday 13 April 2016

Hi

Don't feel like I have much to say at the moment.  Or much that I want to say, maybe.

I jotted down a couple of notes of things to talk about but they feel like I'd be whiny if I talked about them today, so I'm not going to.

I've had a few instances this last week or so where I stop and think about just how weird humans are.

I mean, really.  Pick a spot in a grocery store, for example, and ask yourself honestly, why we need so many different variations of the same thing.

And what it means that we have that.  And all that goes into the creation of all those varieties of thing.  Good and bad.

It's so weird.

Not to mention how we interact with each other.  And ourselves.

I mean, do you really think there's a dolphin out there berating himself for doing something "wrong"?  Or an ant wishing he was handsomer?

I don't know.  We're just weird.  In so many ways.

I can't even.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Watching the shows where they show how they make foods is mind-blowing. The sheer scale of food production and the amount of materials that go into producing just one of the items on the supermarket shelf feel beyond comprehension.

It's one reason I have trouble accepting a locavore movement. I cannot imagine the 10 mile zone around Victoria producing anywhere near enough food to keep us fed, y'know.

And I actually do think there probably are dolphins out there going "Damn, *EEECCHEEEEACKEEE* is a way faster swimmer than me. He's gonna get all the ladies, and I'm gonna get stuck having to fight sharks."

But since there isn't a dolphin beauty industry (THAT WE KNOW OF, THAT IS), they're probably not too stressed about looks.

Victoria said...

Some good points Jason. Especially about the dolphins! :)