Thursday 14 April 2016

So, Tell Me...

Do you have some kind of "frowned upon by ... people" thing that you like/enjoy/believe in despite  potential mockery or lack of support?

Like, are you a LARPer (but don't tell your friends because they'd tease you?)  Or do you follow your horoscope daily and avoid whatever it is they tell you to (even though people scoff at horoscopes.)  Or carry a lucky object or something?  Spin three times to the left when your favourite team is about to play?

Or maybe you really do like the wings at Hooters?  I don't know.... anything?

5 comments:

kandijay said...

I like Eminem. WOO, it feels good to get that off my chest!

Jason Langlois said...

I used to, but then Marvel movies went mainstream and everyone and their cousin plays video games and thanks to Game of Thrones, True Blood, and Walking Dead fantasy, urban fantasy and vampires is mainstream. Plus it turns out nearly everyone plays boardgames.

Basically, the mainstream shifted over and flooded me into being "normal" and now I'm looking for something to set me apart. I tried leveraging my History cred, but thanks to podcasts like History of Rome and Dan Carlin's Hardcore History, even that's become mainstream.

Sigh.

Victoria said...

Yay Kandi! (looks around...) whispers... me too. ;)

So you became even cooler, Jason! :)

Elliott said...

Nickelback puts on a great live show and we've seen them a few times. And I'd go again. Shhh....

I have a lucky ballmark in my golf bag. I always put my hockey equipment on in the same order and have been for over 30 years. I always sit in the same place in the dressing rooms. I've worn 5 or 55 on my jersey since I was 7. Apparently I weird superstitious behaviour when it comes to sports.

Victoria said...

I won't tell anyone E about the thing...

And yes, I've heard many awesome stories about hockey rituals! Sports "superstitions' are the best ;) Way to go # 5/55!