Wednesday 8 June 2016

Again!

Got caught in a time warp again, you guys!

Decided (against my "this will keep you up tonight" better judgement) to have a nap on Saturday, and when I closed the laptop it was probably 10:30/11:00.

I dozed happily for a while and when I woke up, or started to feel it was awake-enough time, I figured I'd had about an hour's nap.

I glanced backwards up at the clock on my wall and it was 3:30.  Woah, what!

How had I managed to sleep that long?  I wasn't even that deeply asleep, just dozing, I had no idea... had I really passed out for three or four hours and somehow not noticed?  Oh man, this would really mess with my sleep. 

Checked the clock again... wait... it's.. still... 3:30.

Sat up, looked at the second hand... it was caught in a non moving forward loop.  Am I actually, literally in a time warp?  (Still sleepy, apparently) But I checked my phone and no, it was only 12:30ish, whew.  (Or maybe 1, I forget now, just certainly wasn't three thirty!)

Turns out my clock's battery was very very sleepy and the clock had gotten itself stuck at 3:30 ... who knows when, and I had only just noticed then.

So, yeah, still weird stuff going on with time in my apartment, but yet again, it worked out just fine!


2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

Oh my word - dream of being able to sleep through like that. Today I was up at 5am, to deliver one of the kids to school for 6am for a trip. I don't know how I'm still functioning.

Victoria said...

I am not a morning person, so I don't know how you're functioning either! ;)