Tuesday 7 June 2016

Bliss

It was nine thirty last night when I realized I had no idea it was nine thirty because it was still light out.  Just... kind of sunset, maybe a bit past.

But I could still see, inside my apartment with my blinds open and no lights on.

I love it.  Love, love, love these longer days.

I think, sometimes, that I should move closer to the equator; get longer days more equally throughout the year or something.

But then I go for a drive with Jason to take photos at some beautiful beach and I think ah, well, I guess it's maybe worth the short dark days to live so close to such natural beauty.

But man, oh man, if these long, drawn out days aren't awesome.

2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

The days are starting to get longer here too. I got up at 5am this morning to take our youngest to school for a trip - the walk through town was wonderful - we had a thunder storm last night, and the mist is still hanging in the air.

Victoria said...

Sounds lovely :)

(Other than the 5am part!) ;)