Wednesday 1 June 2016

Oh Dear

Ok.... so I am kind of embarrassed by this but I'm going to tell you because that's what we do.

I injured my finger.

But I injured my finger in quite possibly the dumbest, and kind of most embarrassing way!

I had a massage yesterday and I, for whatever reason, didn't quite know where to put my hands.

Yes, I've had massage before but for some reason, it felt weird to have my hands out yesterday so I slid them under my thighs.

And it was at some point when I realized the finger on my right hand that had a ring on it was feeling quite uncomfortable, so I moved my hands and stretched the finger... no biggie, right?

Except that now my finger is killing me.

It feels like what I would call a pulled finger muscle, or tendon or something.  My best guess is that I somehow bruised something internally with too much pressure (my thighs must not be all that lightweight, ahem) and sort of bruised or did some sort of damage.  Oh man!

It's not even a good injury.  Like I can't say, oh, I was rope climbing or playing fetch with a dog or jumping off a swing, I basically sat on my finger for too long, and yes saying that makes me kind of want to cringe and hide.

So my right ring finger is really quite sore and I'm pretty sure it's because I'm apparently kind of dumb.

I'm hoping it will start to feel better because I can't imagine going to the doctor or physio with this one... "yeah, I'm not really sure what I did but I think I maybe lay on it for too long?"

Sigh.

My poor finger.  And my poor Ego!

5 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

I can kind of relate... the number of times I have woken up with an arm that didn't work because I fell asleep on it isn't worth counting.

Jason Langlois said...

Oh dear, well. I'll pretend it was injured in some kind of exciting super secret-agent fight on the Orient Express (ala From Russia with Love).

Victoria said...

Thanks for trying to relate to my weird dumbness Jonathan ;)

Oh, it was Jason, I'm just not allowed to talk publicly about it... clearly! :D

Elliott said...

I did something similar...kept my arm under me while getting stitches in my chin a few months ago and my arm fell asleep. I didn't want to flay my arms when the needle went in, cuz I know from experience it hurts.

Not too smart on my part.

Victoria said...

We shouldn't be able to hurt ourselves so easily! Design flaw!