Thursday 2 June 2016

Pause?

June, huh?  I know March wasn't as speedy as some months have been but still, it's nearly Summer.  And I don't want it to be nearly summer because I like Spring and Summer and don't want them to be gone yet!

Which... really... mindfulness.

I keep being reminded and having it pointed out to me that this is what mindfulness is all about.

Noticing the longer days.  Noticing all the trees and plants and flowers.  Noticing today.  This moment.  Right now.  And trying to live more in that, instead of what if and when if and then then then.

To be more present in the now, not just to enjoy it, but to extend it

Time really is relative, and I'm no philosopher or physicist, I just.. I like right now.

Pause.

You know?

4 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

It's funny that you mentioned mindfulness earlier - I was looking at the "Headspace" app for our eldest daughter earlier - I'm thinking about trying it out (there is a 10 day trial). It's supposed to be very good.

Victoria said...

I've used it! Really like it! I actually bought the subscription for a year too, but have let it go for budget reasons for now. I didn't have as much luck with the app itself, but just used the website. I like it! (Plus, there's something about hearing about mindfulness from a guy who just sounds "normal" that's unexpectedly awesome)

Elliott said...

Can't believe it's June. May was a whirlwind...finishing April month end, leaving the job that has been my world for over 7 years, taking a week off to golf, and then starting a new job with the learning curves associated with it. Can't believe it's been 3 weeks already.

I need to pause and smell the flowers too (well, not actually cuz I'll sneeze) but just take it all in.

Victoria said...

Wow, that's a lot, good for you! Keep hanging in there!