Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Oh, The Irony!

I've been trying to get more consistent with my mindfulness/meditation.  As in... trying to do it every day again... it's been a while, and I know I found it helpful when I was doing it daily there.

So a couple of weeks ago, I was given a mindfulness CD and last week I got determined to finally sit down and give it a go.  (Yes, I have other programs and tracks that I know I like, but I wanted to try this one and it came highly recommended.)

I got myself ready and popped in the CD and my computer ate it.

Like, I don't use the CD drive all that much, but I know how it works and this time... nothing.  It didn't recognize the CD which meant I couldn't even eject it!  Because, no... the eject button had nothing to register.  And I couldn't find the old school "stick a pin into this" hole either so, already half frustrated and half amused that this was happening I set my computer to restart and decided to use the phone app my brother had recommended.

So while my computer was making itself feel better, I sat and... didn't think as much as usual, and then I started to get squirrely (as one does) so I checked the time on the app and the time was nearly up.  Great.

Except then instead of the nice, calm, "time to stop" noise I had chosen, the app went CHHHHHRRRRHHHHHHCCCHHKKKKKKK.

Oh dear.  I had broken the meditation app too.

But, no fear, I'd tried and I had an acupuncture appointment the next day and they always calm me down.  Except this time, as I was letting the needles do their thing, the CD she had put in started to skip.  (And yes, she was already out of the room!)  And it's not as if I could move to turn it off!  So I just focussed on not giggling too much until she came back.

So, yeah.  Apparently even if *I* want to relax, technology would prefer I didn't.

Or maybe I'm just supposed to stick with what I know works, eh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Langlois said...

It's a sign! Go off the grind when it come to relaxing, or something.

Friday, January 20, 2017 8:25:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Seriously! lol ;)

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 10:16:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.