Friday, 3 February 2017

It's Also A Weird Word (Purple, That Is)

Grape flavoured candies are generally my favourite in a candy-group situation.

You know, like in the skittles package, I like the grape ones best.  Or the SweetTarts.... grape!

I was thinking about that the other day and then I started thinking about the fact that the grape ones are not actually grape flavoured. 

Like, I was sitting there eating one and I thought, you know, this doesn't really taste like what I think grapes taste like.  So... have we (the candy manufacturers I guess, really) just found a purple flavour for candies and we just call it grape because some grapes are purple?  (At the exclusion of green grapes, because green is usually "lime" flavour.)

So... I guess I like "grape flavour" candy.  And grapes.  Even if that's not the same... flavour.

(I think too much.  It's ok.  Sometimes.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Langlois said...

And orange as a flavor is more about the color than the fruit. Light red = strawberry, dark red = cherry. Which forced raspberry to take over the color blue, while blueberry gets dark blue.

But they're just the colors, not the actual fruit flavors.

Also, I love purple flavor. And green.

Saturday, February 04, 2017 12:53:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Er ma gherd! Seriously!

Sunday, February 05, 2017 1:26:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.