Monday 29 May 2017

Oh Hai

Did a course this weekend, and for whatever reason sleep also eluded me (the heat? being overly exhausted?  nerves?  the info?  all of the above?) and I'm absolutely done in.

Which means, I'm here on a Sunday night trying to put out a post for tomorrow morning but I just have no brain power left!

To be honest, I had no brain power left this (Sunday) morning.... I know this because I was so tired that I was going to drive there with my glasses on (I only generally wear my glasses at night/evening, or if I want to see a move screen or something at a distance, but my vision gets "blurrier" when I'm tired or run down) just to be a little more alert.  (I was tired, it didn't make sense but I wanted to wear my glasses.)  But then I got to the car and wanted to put on Off (we were in an area with a LOT of GIANT mosquitoes) and so I took my glasses off and sprayed myself down, got in the car and took off.

A few minutes later I found myself wondering if I'd somehow left my glasses on the kitchen counter or something?  I remembered putting them on in the house but now I wasn't wearing them (yes, I touched my face to double check, that's how tired I was!)

I figured I'd be ok without them and would find them somewhere I was just too tired to remember. 

I arrived at the place and found my glasses case and?  No glasses inside.  Hmmm... must have left them in the house.  Oh well.

I got out of the car and went around to start unloading and that's when I saw my glasses.... on my seat... that I had sat on for the entire twenty or so minute drive.

Sigh.

Yeah... tired brains are tricky!

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I've done that! I drove back from Nanaimo one time, sitting on my sunglasses and convinced I'd left them in a restaurant... but no, they were under my butt the whole time. It's moments like that, you're glad no one's around to see.

Victoria said...

Right? ;)