Thursday 1 June 2017

Alert! Alert!

Speaking of said car.... with the ladybugs (and knock on wood no more spiders!) and such.... I got notification of a safety recall.

She's already been in and fixed but it made me wonder how (and why?) they figured out they needed to fix said thing so many years after the manufacturing of the car.  (It's a 2010)

Hopefully no one got hurt for them to find out but it does make you wonder how many little things in things we use all the time are not quite as.... "good" as they should be.

But... once I start thinking about all the things that could go wrong on all the vehicles that are on the road with me it's a bad bad thought train so I try not to go down it! 

Oh, and they gave my car a little courtesy wash, which is such a nice, unexpected treat and very much a good way to make your customers loyal! 

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Man, the courtesy wash ... I wish my dealer gave my car those.

I suspect they figure out thing to fix over time as things break/fail over time, or as they actually get use. Once a certain threshold of fail is reached, it becomes easier to recall/repair, than to settle lawsuits.

And whenever I start down the rabbit hole of 'things that could go wrong' I've taken to thinking about my tongue. Just sitting there in my mouth.

Victoria said...

Nooooooo, stop thinking about that!!!! NOOOOOO!!!! lol