Friday, 22 September 2017

Ahhhhhh

You know when someone says "is it just me?" on the internet, it's never just them but... am I the only one who feels a huge sigh of internal relief when something gets tidied?

Like... I shred any identifying paperwork, like bills or bank statements and that sort of thing, for security.  And I let that stuff pile up... for months... and in this case, months and months.  And every time I go into the closet where the shredder (and waiting to be shredded papers) is (which, it's the closet where my clothes are... I have very little closet/storage space in my place, so it's every day, often more than once) I see it and I notice it and once it gets to a certain level of full I think "I need to deal with that."

And when I'm extra stressed or busy (or both) I see the overflowing thing and maybe I write it down on a to do list.

So it's not like a MASSIVE stress but it's there and I'm peripherally aware of it.

Last night I sat for a while and shredded the current load.  And when I was done, it was like my brain sighed a very happy and relieved sigh of ahhhhhh.... done.  Tidy.  Ahhh.

Tiding and cleaning and sorting always makes me feel at least a little bit calmer. 

Just me?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Langlois said...

Nope. I feel a little more ordered and balanced after doing some kind of tidying.

Friday, September 22, 2017 8:25:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

:)

Friday, September 22, 2017 10:32:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.