Thursday 1 February 2018

Bionic Woman

Seattle was a great trip, including some of the best bacon (and best cosmo!) I've ever had.  Oh, and a terrifically cute puppy, and wonderful people.  Had a super long day coming home, but that was my own fault, really so no harm, no foul.

I came back to a dental appointment the next day.  Sigh.  My front, yes FRONT! tooth had developed a crack and he (my dentist) wanted to put a crown on it rather than wait to see if it was going to break (badly) at some future point.  It was sort of the best choice in a no-great-choice situation so I went for it.  But man oh man, I wasn't looking forward to it.

I've never had more than a filling before, so I talked to a few people about crowns and my brother said it wasn't actually all that bad.  Which, it totally wasn't.  Phew!  So right now I have a temporary crown while they make (?) my new one and I'm honestly pretty bummed I no longer have all my own teeth.  Is that a weird thing to be sad about?  I dunno, I just am.  I miss you my real tooth.

Jason offered to cook me dinner after, and I'm really glad I accepted.  (I'm not always good at asking for or accepting help, especially when I'm not feeling my best.)  It was great to get good food into me without having to make it.

So yeah, I am bionic now... with fake parts or whatever, you know?  And my mouth/tooth area is feeling not too bad so I'm as happy as I can be all things considered.  (Just don't ask me to smile too big right now)

P.S.  Happy Februray.  Wha?

2 comments:

Elliott said...

Glad you had a good trip and are safely back.

Hint from personal experience - be sure that the tooth is completely frozen when the temporary crown is removed for the permanent crown. I've had two done, one very smoothly and completely pain free and the other, well let's just say ouch with a whole bunch of bad language. The dentist tried to remove the temporary before the freezing was completely set...not cool. Once the freezing was set, easy peasy.

Good luck with step two...I'm sure it will be as easy as step one.

Victoria said...

Whoops!!!

Yeah, I asked them, oh, how do you get the temp crown off, is there a liquid that melts the glue? No, we just pull it off. Me... oh. (Not sure I like that idea!) Good to know re freezing for sure!!