Monday 5 February 2018

You Guys?

My plants.  Are not doing well.

No longer limited to just the one.  Ack!

The one that went the other month was a sort of rot situation.  The issue now is multi-faceted with the others!

I have some (that didn't do well in the cold cold spell mid... what was it, November?) that have dropped almost all their leaves.  And one in particular that has been dropping leaves for years, so now is down to two at the top of a long stalk.  Sigh.

I have some others that dropped a lot of leaves (Uh, I'm realizing right now that "leaves" are totally not the right word but I'm sticking to it!) or at least they went brown/dead and I pulled them.  Sigh.

My spider plants are doing the best, but they tend to survive anyway.

I suppose it's in part the season (maybe?) but I know it's also me and being less ... regular?  consistent? with my watering.  It doesn't help that I'm picky and don't like standing water in the little base container thingies, so I don't like to water them and walk away...  so watering can end up being a bit of a time consuming thing.  When I notice they're WAY over dry or wilting, I'll often carry them to the kitchen sink for a good soak.  But maybe I should get back to a more regular, smaller watering and a big soak once a season... I don't know!  I just know the last few months have not been kind to my plants and I'm feeling like a bad plant mom.

Le sigh.

 

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Responsibility is such a drag. :P

Victoria said...

THEY'RE DYING!!!!!!!

Poor things.

Yeah, responsibility is DUMB with a capital B ;)