Tuesday 6 February 2018

Four Hours, Y'all

When I was coming back from Seattle last week(end), I got dropped off at the airport waaaaay early.  I had a fairly late flight but thought maybe there'd be an earlier flight, or if not, I'd at least have my book to keep me busy.

Well, it turns out you can't even check in (at least with this airline) until four hours before your flight.

Which...I've learned, means if you have luggage (ie not just carry on) you can't even get through security until then.

Ugh.

So yeah, it turns out the late flight I had was literally the only flight of the day.  (Which makes sense as to why I booked it I guess) And it also turns out that it's a whole heck of a lot harder to enjoyably pass several/many hours in the non-security area.  Lesson learned.

In other news, once you're through security, at least in Seattle, it's like this frigging mall.  Like, WHAT?  Need a coach bag before you fly?  Some MAC makeup?  How about a diamond or three? 

And, expensive.  Which, yeah, that makes sense but yeah.

They did, to my surprise, have a water bottle fill up station, so I guess you might be able to take an empty water bottle through security and fill it up in there, but I didn't have one so I just bought a bottle, drank it and filled it up a few times, so yay for that!

Travelling is tiring yo, so don't make it any longer than it needs to be k?  K!

3 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Oh man, more than 4 hours waiting anywhere is going to suck. But hopefully you made progress through your book!

Elliott said...

Losing hours in an airport is one of the worst ways of losing hours there is. I shutter at the number of hours I've wasted (in other words worked) in various airports around North America.

I hope it was a good book.

Victoria said...

I powered through a whole bunch of chapters Jason! (It's a re-read of a chick flick lit so fairly easy read... that I haven't touched since I got home) ;)

Elliott, I've since read about a few airports that are using "stress reducing" dogs. I think that needs to be a thing in all airports as between that and a book the hours might go by a bit faster :)