Tuesday 9 April 2019

Waiting...

So this is maybe a weird one, but I had a frustrating and stressful to me "problem" yesterday.

I had the day off (at home) and we got a notice over the weekend that they'd be coming to change our smoke alarm batteries, as they do from time to time (once a year I think?)

The notice said they'd be doing it somewhere between 8:30 and 4:30 so... even though I had the day off and hadn't slept all that soundly the night before I felt obliged to be up at the crack of 8.   And then I spent all morning thinking maybe they were coming so I shouldn't jump in the shower or whatever else.

I think this is probably in large part something I can put down to "anxiety" stuff but it is also a little frustrating to have such a wide range of time when someone MIGHT be showing up.

4 comments:

Duffy said...

I'm not even sure that's an anxiety thing, that's just a really annoying could be intruded upon at any time thing. I'm the same with deliveries that could arrive any minute now! across an 8 hour time-frame. I feel rushed going to the bathroom just in case they choose that very minute to show up :)

Victoria said...

Well then I'm glad it's not just me! :)

(SOOOOO frustrating!!!)

Tamara said...

I would say it's an anxiety thing - because it sounds just like something I would have total anxiety about. But that's just my take.

Victoria said...

:) Fair enough!