Friday 24 May 2019

Oh, Life

(cue R.E.M.)

Life is so life-y and lately I've been wanting and wishing that I could pause, or reset or, I think I even said at one point that I'd like to put this book down and start another.  You know, change the channel to a "better" show?

Like I get it doesn't work that way.  Jason suggested upending everything and moving away and starting all over again but that's not me.  That's not the book I want to start.

I guess it's partly wanting to not be sick anymore.  Or do I say "unwell"?  It's partly, or maybe mainly due to my life being currently unsettled, SO unsettled by my unwell-ness and how that affects work/not work and just nothing is settled really... and maybe that's messing with me more than I realize.

I know, I know, you don't really know what's going on or where I'm at, I KNOW this because I haven't shared it, but I mean, ugh.  I'd like to use a melon baller to scoop out the parts of my mind I don't want anymore.  Nice and clean and tidy and only the good stuff left, please and thank you.

But, hey, it's the weekend.  Let's enjoy it shall we?

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

Going to try to enjoy it. Toy Faire at Pearkes, so a chance to look at cool things older than I am.

I hope your unsettle becomes more settled. One does thing that moving would add more unsettling, rather than less.

Also, please do not self-surgery with a melonballer!

Victoria said...

No self surgery I promise! ;)