Tuesday 23 July 2019

Mornings?

Speaking of sleeping... I am very much not a morning person.

I never have been, so this isn't a new thing, but I've been trying to make my mornings slightly less.... awful?

I'm wondering if any of you have any hints to make mornings easier for non-morning-people?

Yes, it's easier/better if I get a solid night's sleep, but I can't guarantee that.

I don't shower in the mornings, I shower before bed the night before, or when I get home from work or when I get "in" for the day from whatever... the few times I have showered in the morning I kind of just stand there wasting water half asleep.

I am not a coffee drinker, I do have tea most days though.

I've been trying to get my meditation in in the mornings and when I'm able I'll do a little "living room exercise" and that does liven me up a bit but it's partly the mood that drags me down, I tend to be not very happy in the morning and it can take me a while to get out of that headspace.

I don't know that there's anything miraculous and there are certain things that probably just won't work for me, but I am wondering if there are certain things I could try that might make me a happier person in the mornings.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

My solution to mornings was to sleep until noon, back when I could. Skipped the whole problem.

Victoria said...

Fair enough ;)