Tuesday 5 November 2019

Huh?

My sleep got so messed up this weekend and I am not even sure I can fully blame the time change (gasp!)  But it's probably at fault anyway, right?  (ugh)

I somehow slept in til like 10:30 Saturday morning, which.. I haven't slept beyond say, 9am in... forever so that was a surprise.  But then I also had a couple of those "I'm sleeping but not really" nights but it was ok because it was on the weekend and then Sunday night was this weird thing where I lay there all happy that it was bedtime and I was just about to fall asleep and then I got chilly so got up to close a window and glanced at the clock and it was like 2am and how long had I been lying there "just about" to fall asleep OMG???

And then waking up Monday morning was the total time change confusion of ok it's really early, but no, it's not?  I will get up, it's normal time oh my lord why do I feel like I haven't slept when I know I did and ok why does the time change feel opposite right now or something I AM CONFUSED and can't I just go back to sleep?  But that's a Monday for you!

Sleep is so dang important.  (I don't know how new parents do it, really!)

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

I'm not a fan of waking up at 5AM (cause my body thinks its 6AM) and then having an extra hour to kill before I can go to work.

Victoria said...

My body is utterly confused! I somehow thought I'd skip it this year and just be like oh, ok, cool...