Saturday 16 May 2020

Paikea's Speech

Jason suggested I watch Whale Rider - a movie I remember coming out a while ago, but somehow never got around to watching.

The movie wasn't what I remember expecting from the trailers and posters at the time, but it was lovely, and touching, and there was this certain point in the movie that just broke my heart open and I cried for the next half hour or more... at least.  Big heavy crying.  Sobbing.  I was, I suppose, letting a lot go.  But yeah, there was something about this movie, and this speech and the beautiful portrayal (it did not feel like acting, just living...) that hit my very intensely.

I'm still processing, I'm sure, but it feels like something shifted in my entire system.  And I'm not even sure that makes sense to me, and I'm the one writing it.

I'm not sure this clip will mean anything to anyone but me, but I wanted to put it here, to remember.

Hope you're well, wherever you are.

Pikea's Speech - Whale Rider

No comments: