Thursday 25 November 2021

Forward

I am proverbially sticking my head in the sand about some things in order to survive said things.

Like.... shortages (food and gasoline) and transportation issues and more weather to come (over the next two Seasons.)  The only way I have managed to get through my day to day, and honestly I'm barely making it... is to put on my blinders and stick my head in the sand and whatever other metaphor you want to use to say LALALALALALALA.

I have gas right now.  I will fill up again when I have less gas but not no gas, and I am assuming I will be able to when I go do to that (DO NOT MAKE ME READ THE ARTICLES ABOUT THE CRUDE OIL SHORTAGES AND PIPELINE ISSUES I CAN NOT NOT NOT NOT NO STOP IT PLEASE.)

I have food right now.  I have avoided stores for a few days and the posts from friends about empty shelves just panic me so I will just LALALALALALA eat what I have and pop into a shop today or tomorrow and get more... stuff.  I will not starve.  (Of course I won't.)

I'm never sure if this coping mechanism I'm using is healthy or not but I have to function.  And if "pretend ignoring" is helping me function?  Well then.  It is what it is.

I do wish I wouldn't keep watching my way through all the good tv shows though... how's a girl to cope with just lame tv to watch!? (she jokes... in yet another attempt to pretend it's all ok)

No comments: