Friday 26 November 2021

NO!

Do you remember the time I wrote the horror story of a whatchamacallit bug getting in/on to my comfy clothes?

Well I have an even worse one now.

Look away oh ye of equally delicate sense!

I have my face masks hanging on various hooks near my front door.  And as I go to leave the apartment, I grab one, check I'm not putting it on upside down and away I go.

Well... (and some of you are already squirming cuz you can tell where I'm going with this) the other day I went to grab a mask, and checked to make sure it was right side up (there is a label printed inside that goes right way up) AND THERE WAS A SLIVERFISH IN IT!

THERE WAS A BUG IN MY MASK A BUG IN MY MASK THERE WAS A BUG IN MY MASK OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

The bug was immediately shaken out and squashed dead dead dead and the mask got thrown in the sink for washing but THERE WAS A BUG *IN* MY MASK YOU GUYS!  This is so much worse than being in/on my clothes... kinda?

So yeah, these damn silverfish have now stepped over ALL the lines and while I've never been gentle with them?  All bets are off now.  YOU PUT YOUR FEET WHERE MY FACE GOES!  THIS IS NOT OK!

(And do not come at me with stories of the actual little critters that live on our faces all the time I AM NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU LALALALALALALALA)

*shudder* GAH!

5 comments:

Elliott said...

I've got pretty bad asthma...like never leave the house without my inhaler bad...and, well last summer I picked up my inhaler, put in my pocket as always, got to the golf course, put in the pouch in my bag as always, started wheezing on the 4th hole, grab my inhaler, shook it, took a shot of it with a deep breath...and started choking because I had sucked an earwig in with the meds...

Victoria said...

NO!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOooooOOOOoooooo. OMG how are you still alive and not in a loonie bin OMG!

Victoria said...

ha... I was so weirded out I put loonie like... dollar! ha!

Jason Langlois said...

What a weird place for one of them to be! They seem to stick around shampoo and paper in my place.

Victoria said...

Yeah, I think it was for sure just trying to mess with me! ;)