Tuesday 12 March 2024

This "Winter"

I SWEAR I've babbled about this before y'all, but I just scrolled back through a few weeks worth of posts and didn't see anything so here we are... maybe "again".

So we had a relatively mild Winter this year (yes, I know it's still Winter for another week-ish, I just feel safe talking about Winter in the past tense now!) despite a couple of quite cold snaps.

The last two weeks have been technically not that cold (temperature wise) but I have been FREEZING at night.

Like SO cold.  Like close the blinds and windows and get out the Winter blankets you didn't use AT ALL this year kind of cold.

It's... a little odd.

It feels so much colder this last month than it has all Winter (except for the cold snaps!) and I can't quite figure it out.

It's probably a combo of things.... I have turned my main radiator down and I haven't been using my bedroom one (which I did in the cold cold).  And probably something to do with the moisture in the air in some science way I can't explain.

All I know is I have been colder at night in the last few weeks than I was all the rest of Winter and that's kind of funny (as the temps have been higher!)

And while we're here, let me just say I'm not wanting to rush Winter away or to rush through Spring.  I'm good with the cooler temps (and trying not to despair about what Summer might bring.)

 (Oh and?  Sunday night I was SO warm I had both windows open!)

No comments: