Monday 22 April 2024

Earth's Day

Earth Day has been around as long as I can remember, or I suppose as long as I had teachers who made it into a day to remember.  And so while I was going to write a post about this or that or the other I thought, once I saw what today was, that I'd take a moment to myself to think about how amazing our planet is and all the beauty it holds and shows us that we're lucky enough to see.

Like the steam coming off of rocks when the sun starts to warm them after a rain.  Or the way the light is bright when it's not long after a rainstorm.  Or the ways birds bathe in the puddles left by that rainstorm.

Mountains, lakes, rivers, oceans, forests, deserts, miracles and wonder everywhere you look.

We've got a good one here and today we're meant to spend some extra time thinking about that.

No comments: