Tuesday 16 April 2024

Knotty

I have been having issues with my double knots on my runners getting stuck!  Like I go to take off my runners and the whole "pulling on one lace" thing only gets me so far and I have to slide off the runner and pick apart the knots.

I feel like a dolt about this so I started to try to figure out why this is happening.

There's probably an aspect of the type of lace and the age of the lace that is making them more uh... sticky?

But I also noticed that when I tie my second knot I often "throw" a lace around to make it neater and this, I assume, is actually messing up the knot. (?)

I also SUPER tighten that second knot and am thinking that may not be necessary so I'm starting to do it a little more loosely in hope that 1) that helps and 2) my laces stay tied!

But yeah, I have double knot issues and I'm trying to figure them out cuz it's annoying to have to pick apart super goofy double knots all the time!

No comments: