Wednesday 17 April 2024

End Of An Era

Y'all, I am super sad that I have just learned that my favourite, best crackers have become no more.

I've been a fan of Stoned Wheat Thins for ages.  And of late they've become kind of a staple, rescue for me.  Yes, even with the gluten.  (My body seems to have decided not to have the markers of Celiac anymore and so I can eat SOME gluten but not too much.)

Several months ago I wasn't able to find them in my main store but didn't think much of it as we've had weird supply chain issues ever since Covid.  But weeks went by and they didn't arrive back on shelves in that store.  So I looked in another store.  Not there.  Then another.  Not there!

This seemed odd.  But we had just gone through a sugar shortage a few months ago due to a strike so I went home and googled to see if there was a similar sort of strike going on or anything.  

And that's when I learned that the manufacturers of this delightful cracker actually discontinued it more than a year ago and I had no idea.

And no, there's nothing close to this.  And I use this cracker to help me swallow my pills and as weird as it sounds I haven't found another cracker or thing that works the same way.  Other than a slice of bread.  Le sigh.

I've managed to find a couple of boxes at a store and my Mom found me a box somewhere else but all of this is just delaying the inevitable.  At some point in my very near future, I will not have any more Stoned Wheat Things to munch.

I'm bummed about this, and kind of tired of the whole "change is inevitable" thing.  JUST MAKE THINGS STAY THE SAME PLEASE!

So yeah, no more nom nom crackers for me.  Or you.  Just FYI.

2 comments:

Jason Langlois said...

That saddens me, as Stoned Wheat Thins were my dad's favourite crackers... mostly because neither my brother or I would eat them, so he always had some to have with his stinky cheeses.

I continue to think the reason why we get grumpy as we age is because of stuff like this - tiny losses and changes to thing that suuuuuuuuuck.

Victoria said...

Well here's to your Dad and his stinky cheeses! *hugs*