Thursday 26 September 2024

Sharing The Happy

We have a lot of deer here.  Like, a lot.  

Even though I see them very regularly I still find them cute (but from a distance!) and neat to watch and the babies are always adorable and the bucks are always kind of not so smart (especially when rutting!) but I'm also sort of used to them.

But I know that non locals may not be, so last week, I was walking down my street and saw the family of deer that have been around all Summer.  I then walked a bit further and saw a lady with a giant camera and her partner looking around outside their hotel.

I assumed they were not local and I assumed she was looking for cool things to take photos of so I stopped, popped out my earbud and let her know that just up the road were some deer, and I pointed in the direction I'd just come.

She seemed excited and headed off in that direction and I continued on my way but I do hope she got some good photos and that it was a nice treat or surprise for them to see some deer.

I'd hope that people in other countries would do the same for me with whatever animals they're used to but that a visitor might be stoked to see, you know?

No comments: